We are pleased to announce the DEFT Linux 7 and the new release of Xplico.
- RTP bug fixed
- dispatcher core functionality bug fixed
- mfile manipulator bug fixed
- XI bugs fixed
- added DB migration tool
We are working to 1.0.0 version and you can try it here.
If you are a fun of Xplico, please vote for it 2011 Toolsmith Tool of the Year.
In this version new dissectors, new features and obviously many bugfix:
- Paltalk chat dissector
- MSN dissector (beta basic version)
- XI Cookie hijacking
- XI pagination for Images and Web
- XI XSS fixed
- XI bugfix
- Tim Hentenaa for his Paltalk reverse engineering
- Steve-William KISSI to have found various XSS
- Daniele Franchetto for MSN dissector
- Michele Dallachiesa for cookietools
This release introduces improvements in the SIP and RTP dissectors.
In this version was also added the RTCP dissector, with this dissector Xplico is able to obtain the phone numbers of the caller and called party (obviously only if present in the RTCP packets).
DEFT 5.1 Live distribution contains this version.
You can download source code and Ubuntu 10.04 package here.
This version of Xplico introduce many new features:
- snoop Packet Capture File Format as input file
- DNS dissector with graphical representation in Xplico Interface (XI)
- NNTP dissector
- PPPOE dissector
- direct live acquisition from XI
- new dispatcher named CLI: this dispatcher organize the data extracted in a tree as this:
- default CLI dispatcher in command line execution
- file extension for the HTTP contents
We have to thank:
- Carlos Gacimartín, for his help
- Doriano Azzena, for his support in debugging
- Matteo G.P. Flora for inspiration of DNS XI graphics
- Open Flash Chart team for their wonderful tool
- all forum users for their debug
DEFT4 has arrived! In this release, there are many new features.
The novelty of Xplico in Def4 are:
- console-mode Xplico execution
- acquisition and processing in realtime (in console-mode)
- access to every HTTP message. You can examine:
- request header and body
- response header and body
- Therefore it will be viewed the request body of the POST
- Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) and Printer Job Language (PJL) dissectors. With these dissecors you can view, in PDF format, the pages printed with printers that use PCL5E, PCL5C, and PCL6 formats (for example HP LaserJet 2300dn, HP LaserJet 4). Other formats (ex: Zenographics ZJ-stream) are in development
- viewing any video transited in HTTP with content-type “video/flv” extracted from pcap file (ex: YouTube video)
- browsing all images transported in HTTP
- improvement of displaying Web pages extracted from pcap file
Remember to run xplico–start from the Terminal and then launch Firefox with URL: http://localhost