Xplico 1.0.0 is now available!
- SQLite dispatcher performance improved
- added the PPI dissector
- added the syslog dissector
- added “Bogus IP length” correction with checksum verification disabled
- new Facebook Chat dissector for the new Facebook chat protocol
- SIP dissector improved
- IMAP dissector improved and bugs fixed
- DNS dissector PIPI improved
- Yahoo Webmail bugs fixed
- Live/Hotmail WebMail Spanish version
- GeoMap improved
Xplico Repository (Ubuntu 11.04 or higher)
To install Xplico in your Ubuntu Server or in your Desktop now you can use the official Xplico repository. With four simple steps you can have Xplico running and updated.
sudo bash -c 'echo "deb http://repo.xplico.org/ $(lsb_release -s -c) main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list'
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 791C25CE
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xplico
- Stack Overflow users.
- Erika Noerenberg for her analysis in the post “Brief overview of 4 NFATs”
- Victor Oppleman to suggest us to add PCap-over-IP
This version introduces improvement on Webmail sniffing/decoding and the language localization.
- upgraded the XI to Cakephp 1.3
- added the ICMPv6 dissector
- Ethernet dissector improved (for ICMPv6)
- one of two Xplico’s deadlock is solved
- fixed the communication bug between xplico and the manipulators
- SDP dissector bug fixed
- SIP and TCP dissectors improved
- WebMail manipulator and all Python3 scripts improved (ready to new webmail entry… see pol 😉 )
- added pcap file name on CLI report
- capture modules log improved
- new GeoIP version: 1.4.8
- added IPv6 Hop-by-Hop options
- Xplico and all Manipulators with dual stack (IPv4, IPv6)
- XI language localization (each fix is well come): Arabic, Chinese, German, English, French, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- DNS bug fixed
- added the MDNS dissector
- added AOL WebMail
- added Yahoo! WebMail
- added Yahoo! Mail for Andorid Mobile
- added Gmail
- briaeros007 (member of the forum) for his test about IPv6 functionality on Xplico’s applications
- James Fisher, he has found and fixed a bug in the HTTP dissector
We are completing the tests on 0.7.0 version. In this release the main features are:
- Gmail Webmail (HTTP)
- Yahoo! Mobile Mail (Andorid)
- AOL WebMail (last version)
- Language localization
The “WebMail sniffer” component (manipulator and python scripts) were improved.
All this features and others can be examined and tested with the Web Demo of Xplico.
Any help on Language translation and bug report or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
In the Web Demo all data can be remove by you, in anyway all data (but not the users accounts) are removed every day at 00:00 UTC. More info about Web Demo can be found here.